We all want to look and feel our best, but not at the expensive of giving up sleep, time with friends and family, or our career. Although having a great body requires time and commitment, it doesn’t need to take as much time as you think. Here are my top 5 tips for saving time and still getting results:
- When you’re working out, work out. Listening to music to keep you motivated is great, but no reading. If you can read a book or emails, you’re not working hard enough.
- Move your body all day. Do knee raises while reading email. Walk around while you’re on the phone. Hold a wall squat while brushing your teeth. Just keep moving! Note: this does not count as your actual workout for the day. Don’t forget about tip #1 when you’re doing your actual workout. Extra movement throughout the day is really important though. One workout can’t make up for an entire day of sitting on your butt.
- Plan your meals in advance. The 30 minutes you spend planning your meals each week will save you from hours of staring into your fridge wondering what you’re going to eat for dinner each night. Bonus: this tip will also save you money!
- Spend five minutes each day writing a list of everything you’re grateful for. This is a wonderful way to reduce stress. Stress causes our bodies to hold onto to fat, so reducing it is key. Five minutes is well worth the benefits.
- Sleep. I know that sleep is actually pretty time-consuming if you’re getting the recommended 7 to 8 hours per night. This is a steal though compared to the time it takes to get rid of the pounds that creep on from not getting enough shut eye.
Have another favorite tip for saving time while getting fit? Send me an email and tell me about it. I love hearing about what works for YOU!
Want more tips for enjoying your life while getting in amazing shape? Fast Fitness to Go’s membership area has everything you need—from motivation to nutrition to full-body workouts—to get tight and toned while still having a life. Click here to find out more and sign up!