We often hear how important it is to start off the day with a good breakfast. That’s great advice, but it does more for your body than just jump-start your metabolism. What you eat first thing in the morning sets the tone for your entire day. If you start off with a doughnut, you’re more likely to have a burger and fries for lunch. Start off with one of the healthy options below, and you’re more likely to go for soup and a salad at lunch.
Habits build on each other. Studies have shown that if you exercise, you’re more likely to eat well, and vice versa. So get started on the right foot!
- Put one 7-ounce container of 2% Fage in a travel container. Add 1 tsp. honey or agave, 1 apple or 1 cup of berries, and 1 Tbsp. walnuts.
- Cook 1/4 cup dry rolled oats and put it in a travel container. Top w/ a diced apple, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and 1 Tbsp. chopped nuts of your choice.
- Put 1/2 cup oatmeal in a bowl with 1 cup almond milk the night before. In the morning, stir and mix in 1 sliced banana.
- 2 whole grain frozen waffles each topped with 2 Tbsp. 2% Greek yogurt, 1 1/2 tsp. agave, and 1/4 cup blueberries.
- Scramble 2 eggs and a handful of baby spinach in cooking spray, top with 1/4 cup black beans, 1 Tbsp. salsa, 1 Tbsp. 2% Greek yogurt, 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta or blue cheese; serve with 1/2 cup blueberries
- Fill a whole-wheat tortilla with 1 scrambled egg, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, 1/2 cup baby spinach, and 1 Tbsp. salsa.
Want more tips for enjoying your life while getting in amazing shape? Fast Fitness to Go’s membership area has everything you need—from motivation to nutrition to full-body workouts—to get tight and toned while still having a life. Click here to find out more and sign up!