My clients love to tell me that they’re just too busy to work out regularly. However, after we dig a little deeper, they usually agree that they really can squeeze in a quick workout. The problem is often a simple lack of focus and planning.
We all have a lot to do in any given day. Without a plan, we often feel more like a firefighter than a mom/teacher/consultant/entrepreneur/etc. It’s easy to see how exercise and healthy meals can get pushed to the back burner when you have constant fires to fight. Here are a few tips that have helped me stay focused on what’s really important to me:
- Write down your top three goals. Be as specific as possible and make sure the goals are doable. Try to pick goals that you can realistically achieve within the next one to three months.
- At the end of each day, choose one or two action items that you’re going to do the next day to help you get closer to each of those goals. Write them on a piece of paper that you’ll look at first thing in the morning. (I put mine on top of my laptop.)
- Review your list regularly throughout the day and cross off items as you complete them.
- At the end of the day, review the items you didn’t complete and decide why you didn’t complete them.
- If they’re not important, delete them. If they are important, put them at the top of tomorrow’s list and commit to completing them before doing any of the new tasks on your list.
Want more tips for enjoying your life while getting in amazing shape? Fast Fitness to Go’s membership area has everything you need—from motivation to nutrition to full-body workouts—to get tight and toned while still having a life. Click here to find out more and sign up!