Although men and women have plenty in common, women often have a unique approach when it comes to their health. We often place more pressure on ourselves and, therefore, have higher stress levels. Aside from the fact that stress makes us feel not-so-great, stress also causes our bodies to hold on to fat. Today, I just want to encourage you to add mental health goals to your list of existing goals. It’s pretty common to have weight goals, body fat goals, and calorie goals, but I’m guessing you don’t have goals that address minimizing your stress and improving your body image. To help me reduce stress and improve my body image, I like to give myself one new activity to focus on each week. Then, I keep the ones I like and ditch the ones I don’t. Here are a few of my favorites to get you started:
- Meditate for 10 minutes each day. You don’t need to chant or sit cross-legged with your hands on your knees. Just close your eyes and do your best to focus on your breathing.
- Spend time reading a good book or magazine each day (make it something fun; a work-related magazine doesn’t count here).
- Get some fresh air. Walk around the block or just sit on a bench and people watch.
- Schedule a phone date with a friend.
- Write down three things you’re grateful for.
- Write down three things you love about your body.
Want even more tips and support for getting your best and healthiest body? Fast Fitness to Go’s membership area has everything you need to make healthy habits fun and doable. Click here to find out more and sign up!