As the days get shorter and colder here in the northern hemisphere, spending hours just lying on the couch can seem like the only option. I know I usually feel more lethargic when it’s cold and dark outside. Fortunately, I’ve come up with some helpful strategies for preventing my butt (and yours!) from spreading out and filling the entire couch.
- Do 25 jumping jacks during every commercial break.
- Stretch one body part during every commercial break.
- Go to the mall and walk, walk, walk.
- Do some cleaning. Believe it or not, you burn major calories while cleaning. Imagine how great your arms will look after washing windows and scrubbing the floors!
- Prep your meals for the week. Life is so much better when you’re eating well and feeling good.
- If you have workout equipment, keep it in the living room. You can lift weights, walk on a treadmill, or bike on a stationary bike while hanging out with your family and watching your favorite shows.
- If you like video games, choose one that gets you up and moving.
- Incorporate exercise into your workday. Take a 5-minute break every hour and do some squats or go for a walk.
Have another tip for staying active when it’s cold outside? Send me an email and tell me about it.
Want more tips for enjoying your life while getting in amazing shape? Fast Fitness to Go’s membership area has everything you need—from motivation to nutrition to full-body workouts—to get tight and toned while still having a life. Click here to find out more and sign up!